Ten Things You Can Learn From Your Children To Make You A Better Employee
- Live in the present moment. For children, the present moment is the most important period of time. They teach us not to indefinitely defer dreams or goals.
- Show enthusiasm. Children teach us how to anticipate events and the excitement of things.
Prioritize what is most important to you. Children remind us that we must know what is most important to us to gain the most out of life.
- Simplify tasks. Children teach us that to be effective we must concentrate and focus on a few tasks and do them well.
- Have patience. Children teach us that we must have patience with others.
- Tell the truth. Children teach us that honesty is the best policy.
- Hard work pays off. Although luck and timing play a major role we can see from our children that determination and diligence should assist us succeed in our work tasks.
- Dependability pays off and is a necessary part of life. Employers and our children like it(and generally demand) that we perform assignments or stick to our commitments.
- Learning can be fun. Children remind us that learning is a constant process throughout life. They can motivate us to change careers or learn new skills if we feel stagnant.
- Have fun. Children teach us that not how stressed out we may be that a little laughter alleviates tension.