Ten Things You Can Learn From Your Children To Make You A Better Employee
- Live in the present moment. For children, the present moment is the most important period of time. They teach us not to indefinitely defer dreams or goals.
- Show enthusiasm. Children teach us how to anticipate events and the excitement of things.
- Prioritize what is most important to you. Children remind us that we must know what is most important to us to gain the most out of life.
- Simplify tasks. Children teach us that to be effective we must concentrate and focus on a few tasks and do them well.
- Have patience. Children teach us that we must have patience with others.
- Tell the truth. Children teach us that honesty is the best policy.
- Hard work pays off. Although luck and timing play a major role we can see from our children that determination and diligence should assist us succeed in our work tasks.
- Dependability pays off and is a necessary part of life. Employers and our children like it(and generally demand) that we perform assignments or stick to our commitments.
- Learning can be fun. Children remind us that learning is a constant process throughout life. They can motivate us to change careers or learn new skills if we feel stagnant.
- Have fun. Children teach us that not how stressed out we may be that a little laughter alleviates tension.