The end of the school year is coming and it is time to get ready.
Ten tips for preparing for the summer.
- Get into shape physically. The summer is a great time of year to spend doing outdoor activity with your children. If you are well-conditioned both you
and your children will get more enjoyment from these outdoor activities.
- Make yourself available. At this time of the year you will have more
obligations. Communicate frequently about what dates you have to be around for things like graduation parties, picnics, etc.
- Plan vacations well in advance. Besides getting better rates you will assure your family of getting the accommodations you may miss by hesitating or delaying a decision.
- Analyze your child’s wardrobe. It has usually been one full year since your growing child last wore shorts and tee shirts on an every day basis. In order to assure comfort and clothes that fit be sure to see that your child has plenty of appropriate attire for this time of year.
- Enroll your child in a day camp at the local Y. Keeping your child active will prevent boredom and they may have a lot of fun playing sports and making new friends.
- Consider taking your child to the pediatrician. Many sleepaway camps and days camps require a physical examination before your child can participate. A doctor visit may also give your child the shots and prevention necessary to make it a healthy and happy summer.
- Go natural. The summer is a great time of year to do things like going to the park, bicycle riding and roller skating. All these activities can be an immense amount of fun and can cost next to nothing.
- Buy the proper amounts of sunscreen. Consult your pediatrician for the appropriate SPF. A sunburn is no fun and can be quite painful and dangerous.
- Ask your child if there are any special projects and/or activities they would like to focus on this summer. They may have some interesting ideas.
- Have fun and relax. This is a great time of year to take vacations and spend time with your children.